Saturday 14 May 2016

Tag 5-11 "Create" #onelittletag #mixedmediamorsels


Hello and welcome to my blog!
This tag is  the third in a series of tags I am doing using a paper napkin prompt for a FB challenge I am participating in.
I started off with a pink polka-dotted napkin I got at the dollar store


The first hing you need to do is peel away the layers.  Most napkins are 2 or 3 ply and you want to use only the one printed ply.  Then I mod podged it to some card and cut it to the size I prefer (usually I do my tags 3.5" x 8")

Then I used a Heidi Swapp stamp to add some script here and there with archival ink.  I used my distress paint to splatter and marks my tag.  I used a Tim Holtz stamp to stamp my sentiment on card and also on the tag.  I then cut it out of the card and glued it in place on the tag.  The reason I did this is because I wanted the letters to be white and there were areas of the stamp that would be impossible to cut out and I wanted to maintain them, so this way I achieved both.  Finally, I edged the tag with black archival ink and mounted it to black card.

I hope you enjoyed my tag. I also hope that maybe some of these posts will inspire some of you to try some things that you may not have tried before, or rediscover some of the things you have tried in the past.  Have an awesome and artful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!