Saturday 14 May 2016

Tag 5-10 "Delightful" Another Napkin Tag #onelittletag


Hello my friends! Welcome to my blog. I have a few more tags to post, continuing with the napkin prompt on the One Little Tag Craft Challenge.  For those of you that are new to my blog, this is a Facebook challenge, hosted by Jenny Barnett Rohrs of Craft Test Dummies.  The idea is to do just one little tag a day (or every few days, or a week or whatever you can manage) and the objective is to be creative very day and keep inspired.  Jenny provides a prompt every week to help keep everyone motivated because let's face it, it's hard coming up with a new idea every day.  It is just a suggestion, in no way compulsory.  However, I am finding that I am getting a little hung up on these challenges sometimes, feeling that I should be doing them when sometimes I just want to do my own thing.  Doing my own thing is perfectly fine and sometimes I need to remind myself of that.  Using napkins in your art happens to also be a prompt in another FB challenge I am participating in, Mixed Media Morsels.  It is MMM #17.  Having said all that, I am surprised. I am really enjoying this challenge and I didn't expect it would be this fun.  So it goes to show you, it pays to at least give something a shot, even when you don't have high expectations!



I started off with my dollar store napkin find.  First I peeled away the extra layers (usually napkins are 2 or 3 ply) as I mentioned in my previous post.  I them glued it to some card with mod podge and trimmed it to the size I wanted



Then the fun begins with mark making and finishing touches.  I used distress paint in white, black and bronze to splatter and make marks with plastic caps.  I edged the tag with black archival ink.  I used a Fiskars stamp on card, trimmed it out and punched the corners.  I then edged it with distress ink before adding it to my tag.  And, as I usually do, I mounted it to black card.





Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this tag.  I have another coming right up!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!