Wednesday 14 February 2018

"Kelly Creates"; word stamps for brush lettering from American crafts




Hello my friends!
This is just a short post to let you have a look at the Kelly Creates stamps carried by Michaels. I just wanted to share these, because I love the scripty font and the price is so reasonable! They stamp sets are only $5 each. That is in Canada, so they may be even cheaper in the US. And of course cheaper still if you use a coupon! It is a large set of stamps and there are about 18 to 20 words in each one. Tp give you an idea, the package size is 6" x 10", and as you can see, there isn't a lot of wasted space.  There are some word duplicates, quite a few actually, mostly the smaller words, but at this price I can live with that!  They are not in the regular stamp section. They are in a new section for journaling and brush lettering. There are eight different versions. I got 6 of them the other two are the months of the year and days of the week. I don't think I have much of a used for that, but I may end up getting them anyways as the price is so good. If I use my coupon, I am looking at about $3 a set! These are part of a collection of brush lettering items.  I think the purpose of the stamps is to help learn brush lettering.  There are also workbooks, brush pens and workbook covers etc.  All related to brush lettering. The other items are somewhat pricey, so I was surprised that the stamps were so reasonable! I have to admit, I did get sucked into purchasing some of the other items, LOL. Luckily it was a 55% off coupon weekend. 


The brush lettering is so pretty, I wanted to give it a try. A little bit challenging for someone that is legally blind! But I haven't let that stop me from being creative yet! I would have to say that the metallic brush pens are very soft and it is hard to adjust the pressure to make thick and thin lines. So I was disappointed in them.  I had to search for them at a few different Michaels, too.  Although I have to add, I couldn't find any other metallic brush pens.  But they were not cheap, $40 regular price in Canada. I also found that the black brush pens seem to run out of ink quickly. They were $12 regular price for 3 various sized black brush pens.Just a few observations I thought I would pass it along. So in summary, I wasn't as impressed with the metallic  markers, they were okay but expensive. for the quality. Now, I need to let you know that I AM NOT an experienced brush letterist!  So that could be part of the problem!  I had the best luck with the small black  brush pen.  The set of 3  black pens were a little easier to work with than the metallic, but seemed to start to dry out quickly.   But as for the stamps, I love them! And I love a lot of the words in the sets which would be great for card-making, and art journaling and mixed media art. There is also an alphabet set that you can use to create your own words. I believe these are carried exclusively at Michaels. And Kelly, of Kelly creates has several videos on brush lettering, so if you are interested in that you should definitely check her out.  Cursive lettering is going to become a lost art.  I don't believe they are teaching it in schools any more, which I just don't understand, so this is a good way to keep it alive.
I hope you found this helpful, happy crafting everyone!
Kim  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!