Friday 16 December 2016

New Christmas Card - Lawn Fawn Sprinkled with Joy





Hello my friends!  Today i have a new card creation for you.  I really enjoyed building my little scene with the Stampendous Truck and the Tim Holtz die, so I thought I would do another one.  This card was created using the Lawn Fawn "Sprinkled with Joy" stamp and die set, which I just think is sooo fin!  There is and Add-on die available for this set, that turns the oven into an interactive feature.  I got this die and have used it here.  You certainly don't have to get this additional die, but it is fun!  I also used a Sizzix stamp and die set along with the Lawn Fawn set.


I stamped and cut all my pieces using my DIY stamp positioner, which comes in really handy with stamp and die sets. especially if you want to make multiples.  I did, since I had everything out and just put them in (uncoloured) with the set so that the next time I want to make a card, they will be ready to go.


I cut the cookies and cookie cough out of kraft card, and the cookie tray and oven handle out of silver foil board.  I cut the tea towel out of some patterned paper and trimmed a little mat out of some patterned paper as well.  I trimmed out some velum to use for the oven window.
I decided to make this a larger card, so my finished size will be 8.5 x 5.5.  This way I could get a lot of elements in.  Now to build my little scene! I took advantage of the 70% off deal at Michaels and got a patterned paper pad among other things, lol, maybe a little haul post is in order!) and decided to use some of it for the floor and the wallpaper..


 I trimmed some planks out of the wood grain paper and edged them with vintage photo distress ink before adhering them.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to colour in the stove and all of the other elements. I used patternedcard from another card pack I got at Michaels for the counter.  I trimmed it out and shaded it with the markers.  Once I coloured all my elements. I assembled my card.  I created the cupboards by trimming  them out from some scraps.  I edged them and drew in some handles.

I used a sentiment from a stamp and die set that I have had for ages and never used.  It seemed perfect for this card/

Once my card was all assembled. I mounted it to some embossed card that I had on hand.


Thi card didn't turn out anything like I first envisioned it.  At first the cupboards were going to be white and the stove was going to look like stainless steel.  But once  I started doing the floor and adding the wallpaper, I started to get a retro feel.  I wanted to do the stove like the old "avocado green" stoves from my childhood.  Remember those?

This card took me a while to make, nut itis a fun and interactive.  I hope you enjoyed it!
Thank you so much for stopping by!    Wishing you an awesome and artful day!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love it, you must have the patience of Job to do all these tiny little pieces. Beautiful card and, yes I remember the color, I had it for almost 12 years!!! hahahaha hugs, patty Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! I have to admit, this card took a while. It was pretty challenging with my vision impairment! But fun at the same time. I have found that I like to build little "scenes". Thanks again for all your wonderful and motivating comments. Merry Christmas to you and yours, I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with love and friendship!

      Delete
  2. Great fun to go back in time...love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Win! It took me back down memory lane as I was creating it. Maybe that's another reason it took a while to make, all the pauses to stop and look back!

      Delete
  3. How sweet Kimberley! Your card looks like my kitchen at this moment- festive and full of lour! heehee
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, You are so sweet, Jackie! I bet it smells pretty good in there, too!Hard to beat the scent of Christmas baking! Have a wonderful Christmas!
      Hugs back!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!