Hello my friends!
Today I have decided to make some tags. I started my first blog ever, this one, January 2nd of this year. At the same time I started my first ever FB challenge, .The On Little Tag Craft Challenge Some of you who have been following me for a while may already know this, but those of you that have more recently joined me, won't know this. The idea behind the challenge is to create just one little tag a day, even if you just write a word on a tag, it doesn't have to be perfect or even good. The propose is to inspire you to be creative every day. I must tell you, it really works! I have been very delinquent with my tags. I was doing really well until I went to Florida in March. I have created some tags since then, but not keeping up as I had been. As time has gone on, I have gotten more and more behind. By my calculation now, I am 85 tags behind. Will I catch up? I don't know, perhaps some of them. But I am not going to worry about it. Fortunately, I have still been creatively inspired. I have been working on other things, but I do think about making tags, which I do enjoy. So, I am going to attempt to get back to it. Maybe not every day, but more frequently than Ii have been.
Often there are prompts for the tags each week. These are not mandatory, but designed to help prevent "tag artist block", it can be hard coming up with a new tag every single day. I am going to ignore those prompts for now and just make the tags that I feel inspired to make. My challenge to myself today was to use backgrounds and die cut pieces that I already had in my stash. I have a lot! I have created several backgrounds and whenever I am die cutting, I always cut extra. So I have a pretty extensive "stash".
I will forewarn you, I will have a few posts today, I have been busy!
First, I grabbed some die cut pieces from my stash. I had the idea some time ago, that I would like to do a sort of steampunk dress form and had already worked on some of the die cut pieces. So I decided to continue with that idea
All of the pieces I ended up ising had been cut with Ti Holtz dies. I had adhered aluminum tape to card before cutting the dress form, and then embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I cut away some of the dress form to make it work for my design. The bodice (?) was also made from a dress form that I cut up and embossed. The skirt (which was originally a bird cage) was also embossed. Once embossed, I ran the silver ink across them lightly to pick up the embossed areas.. I had done all of this ages ago. Today I edged the wings (which were not part of my original plan) with silver ink. Then I assembled my dress form. I already had the sentiment, a Prima stamp, which inspired to rest of the tag.
Ii had selected a few different backgrounds and wasn't sure which one to choose, so I tried them all out.
I chose the green, which was actually a surprise to me because green is definitely not my "go-to" colour! I used mu Hero Arts stamp, one of my all-time faves, with my silver ink in the background and also on the little butterfly I punched with my Fiskars punch.
All that was left to do was assemble my tag and mount it to black card.
Thank you for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed my tag and will enjoy then next few I post tonight!