Saturday 9 January 2016

Play - Tag # 8 #onelittletag

I knew I wanted to base this tag on a step-card I had done for my sister.
I knew I needed the  cat dies and the die I used for the drawers (although, those could easily be trimmed). I wasn't exactly sure how else I was going to embellish the tag, so I gave myself some options



I also had to choose what papers I was going to use.  Sometimes this step can take me more time than actually creating the card or tag I'm working on! Overwhelmed by too many choices.  But, today wasn't too bad.  I liked the paper pak that I had used for my sister's original card, so I wanted to use something from that for the dresser.  I looked at several cute papers for the background "wallpaper", but finally opted to go for one of the back grounds that I had already created by trimming some of my Gelli prints and decorating them with embossing paste and some stencils. Surprisingly (for me) I actually chose one right away.


My backgrounds are cut to 3.25" x 7.75" and the die cut size of the drawers were 1" x 2" so I decided to make my dresser 2.8" x 4.5". I partially punched the bottom to create the legs of the dresser.

I trimmed a little strip of card for the top of the dresser just slightly wider. I trimmed out some fun foam to put behind the drawers to pop them out, I layered two pieces of foam behind the bottom drawer.  I quickly sponged the cats that I had cut out of some cream coloured stock as well as the flowerpot, with some prima edgers. I was originally going to out a little frame on the top of the dresser that held the word "play", which was my word for the tag, but I didn't like the way it fit.  I decided to skip the word on this tag and add a little flower which I punched out of the same card I used for the Matt.  I used little diamond embellishments for the drawer pulls and a tiny one in the middle of the flower to tie it all together. I used a thin gauge wire for the flower stem and attached it with a couple of tiny glue dots. I decided to use a purple cardstock to matt my tag. I punched the corners of the tag and  matt and I edged both with purple distress ink. All that was left was to assemble everything.  I used a little bit of material for the kittens to pull out of the drawer.  To finish things off, I punched a hole and tied some seam-binding ribbon through it.


Hope you enjoyed tag # 8!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!