Sunday 10 January 2016

I Believe in...lazy tags #onelittletag




I felt like I kind of wimped out a bit on todays tag, but I was tired.  Despite being tired, I still wanted to keep up with my tag a day.  So I thought I'd do some quick stamping on one of my pre-cut Gelli prints (the tag in the photo is similar, but not the one I ended up using)
I used a Tim Holtz stamp with some gold ink to stamp some script in the background.  I used my stamp positioner,  a Verses stamp and a Deep Red stamp of Audrey Hepburn to stamp my tag.  Audrey didn't stamp perfectly because the tag had a bit of texture, so I touched her up a bit.  I added some bling, punched the top edges, mounted to my pre-cut black matting card, punched a hole and tied some gold ribbon from my stash.  But...I just couldn't leave well enough, alone.  I wanted to add some Wink of Stella to her top.  Well, it didn't react well to the archival ink and formed a misty film
I managed to scratch some of it away and touch up with a sharpie.  So, my lazy tag took a little more effort than I anticipated, but I learned a little lesson.  I also need to learn that it is okay to just do some stamping.  There is a reason I have some backgrounds and matts pre-cut...to save time!  
 "Hello Self, it doesn't mean you are wimping out because you are creating something quickly!" 
 It's sinking in.  I don't know why I am having an issue with this, I paint quickly.  Obviously not this quick, but it's all relative.  Sometimes I even paint better that way.  Lazy tags are fine!  The idea is to be creative every day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!