Sunday 3 January 2016

Getting started

Well I went through my stash and I have a ton of gelli prints that I had cut up for tag backgrounds.  I had stenciled, used some texture pastes and stamped several of them as well.   There are also some that I had experimented on with some gelatos. I haven't looked at these for a while and there are some that I really like.




 I also have a lot of pieces that I had die cut  and/or stamped and coloured, but never used in a project.  I like die cutting, for some reason.  I find it relaxing.  When I have everything out to die cut or emboss something that I need for a cad or tag I am working on, I generally do some extras while I'm at it.




(these are just a few!)




I thought this would make the "tag a day" challenge a lot easier.  All I have to do is take a background and a few die cut pieces and throw  a tag together.  Pretty easy, right?  So, I try and choose a background and some elements that would look good together.  Suddenly, I am looking at all this "STUFF" and I am completely overwhelmed!  Too much to choose from!
I have to take a step back and remember what this challenge is all about.  Just one little tag at a time.  There are 365 days in a year, and while I do want to make use of all the things I already have, I don't have to use everything at once.  I stepped away from the "stuff".  Now I have some ideas that I want to use for my first few tags.  Hopefully I will be able to "throw tem together" tonight and tomorrow.  I am anxious to post them in the group on FB.  There are already a lot of great tags posted.  I don't know that I will be able to do one every day, but I will do what I can.  This will help me achieve my own personal goal of seven cards or tags a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!