Friday 14 October 2016

"Peace" Another Christmas card in my series based on the #onelittletag colour challenge



Hello my friends!  Welcome to my final (so far!) Christmas card in a small series i am doing based on a colour challenge inspired by Jenny Barnett Rohs and her FB group called The One Little Tag Craft Challenge   based on the photo below.  She used a colour mixer app to draw a colour scheme from the photo of the pot of fall mums.  I have based this series of Christmas cards on this colour scheme.  I love the fact that these cards don't follow the "traditional" Christmas colours!




I first blended some distress ink on my background.  Then I splattered some water, with a little perfect pearls mixed in, over the inked card.  One of the fun things about distress ink is how it reacts with water.  I die cut my elements out of black card and for this card, I switched up the light tan for gold foil card, to mimic the colour challenge.  I added some Wink of Stella to my black card to give it a little sparkle. I assembled all my pieces and layered my card with the same golf foil card , and then onto a black card.


for this card I used seedless preserves, worn lipstick and shaded lilac distress inks.





I used a  Tim Holtz Sizzix die, a Penny Black die and a Memory Box die for this card


Thank you so much for letting me share this little series of Christmas cards with you.. I hope you have enjoyed them!  If you haven't seen them already,  please check out  the other Christmas cards in this series created using the colour challenge from The One Little Tag Craft Challenge

This is my final post for the day, and the final card in the series, for now!  I can't promise there won't be more later because I am really enjoying this colour scheme.

Thanks again and have an awesome and artful day!

2 comments:

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!