Monday 4 April 2016

Little Black Dress


This is a mixed-media painting I just finished that will be displayed in DT Toronto.  It is 36" x 48"  I love mixed-media, but this was a little out of my comfort zone.  I wanted to paint a dress, which in itself is a little different for me.  Then I got this idea of using a real dress.  I wanted to take something real and make it look painted instead of painting something to look real.  And I love the irony that the little black dress started as a little white dress.
 This photo doesn't show all the texture and background elements but I textured the background with gesso, then added some stenciling and washes.
Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!