Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tags 17 & 18 Shine and Crazy Birds #onelittletag



I used one of the backgrounds I had created on Sunday for this card.  The rays from the Tim Holtz stencil put this sentiment in mind. I die cut a Tim Holtz scribbly heart and the letters from an old quickutz die. I underlined the shine with my black Stabilo All water soluble pencil, but didn't get the effect I was looking for. 1added some white gel pen and some splatter, mounted to some black card and added black ribbon and gold cord.  This tag didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, but that's okay, I can try it again.

Those crazy birds!  I have seen a lot of those crazy birds on the One Little Tag Craft Challenge on FB, but I had this in mind, so I did it anyway.  I used one of my Gelli Print backgrounds, Tim Holtz stamps and dies for the Crazy Birds.  I coloured them with Portfolio Water soluble oil pastels. They may not be top orf the line, but I actually quite like them.  They are pretty pigmented and blend well. Nice and creamy. I actually had those  in my stash as well. I cut out the letters with a QuicKutz die and replaced the word "stupid" in the quote with "crazy" (get it? CRAZY birds...). In retrospect, I think I should have used purple letters, and may still change it.  I used a WRMK sewing stamp and some splatters , a marker and a white gel pen.
Hope you enjoyed, see you soon with Tag 19!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!