Monday 12 February 2018

""Wild Horses" for the music prompt at #onelittletag



Hello my friends!
I am back again with another tag for the music prompt at the one little tag craft challenge. This tag is inspired by The Rolling Stones song "Wild Horses". I had my sister in mind when I created this tag. I was also thinking about my niece who lives in Northern Alberta. So far north that you have to use the ice roads to get there at this time of year. There are many wild horses where she lives, they have to put up fences to keep the horses out of the yard. As a matter of fact, she was recently late for work because two horses were having a scuffle in the middle of the road!
To create this tag, I used my homemade stamp positioner to stamp the horses first in brown archival ink. The stamps are from an Inka Dinka Doo set. Then I'm masked off the single horse using a mask I created from a piece of paper previously. I did not mask off the running horses. I use some makeup brushes that I got from the dollar store as ink brushes sometimes. They work quite well. (little tip!) I used various distress inks to create the background. A little bit of blue in the sky and various browns and green for the ground. I kind of swirled things around to look like dust and use my Copic opaque white ( ilovetostuff!) To create the dust clouds. Then I smooshed a few different distress inks on to my craft mat, spritz them with some water, and use my fan brush to add some splatters. I did the same thing with my copic white. Then I unmasked my single horse, and put my tag back into my stamp positioner. This time I used black ink to stand for horse, but I placed the ink strategically knowing that part of it would be Andy dust cloud so I didn't want it really dark.





To finish off the tag, I mounted it to a burlap paper mat  from a pad I got at the dollar store a while back. I thought the burlap really suited this tag. Then, as usual I finished it off with a black mat..
I hope you enjoyed today's take, and I hope my sister likes it!
Thank you so much for stopping by and allowing me to share some of my art with you.
Kim XO

2 comments:

  1. I love how you created this tag. Thanks for the tip. I will seek out some cheap make up brushes now.
    I also have this stamp and not being a horsey person I wouldn't have thought to create a master piece like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day, Sharon! Thank you for the lovely comment. I got my brushes from Dollarama (Canadian). They have a slight stiffness to them which works well. I am not really a "horsey" person either, I really got this stamp with my sister in mind and have had it for quite a while, and not used it. So, I was glad to be inspired to use it for this tag prompt.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!