Monday 19 December 2016

Merry Christmas Card - with some reverse (mirror) stamping




Hello my friends!  A very quick post today.  I have to get to bed, i have to be up early to go to a taping of Cityline!  I am going with my friend Margaret.  I made this Christmas card for her.  I saw this stamp a week or so ago and thought it was perfect for Margaret and her husband as they have 2 Boston Terriers, so I grabbed it!  I hadn't had a chance to make this card, but I wanted to get it done.  I think she would have liked another of my handmade cards, but I thought this would be a lot more personal card.  Besides,  Zoey and Bogart were the reason I bought the stamp!


The interesting thing about this card is that in order to do both dogs, I had to do some reverse, or maybe I should be calling it mirror, stamping.  I did some experimenting.  It's not perfect, but I don't think there is a perfect solution.  But I think it turned out pretty good.  I will tell you that I used my Gelli plate!  I will do a more in-depth look at this technique if anyone is interested.  But I must sign off for now!
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you would like to see a post on mirror stamping.  Hopefully I will have some photos of Cityline to share.
Have an awesome day!

No automatic alt text available.
Bogart and Zoey

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the Gelli plate for your reverse stamping - it looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It doesn't give a perfect image (although, who wants perfection anyways, lol) but it is definitely workable. And now I have a new little stamping trick up my sleeve. I have been wanting to try it for a while. Tracy at Lavinia Stamps inks and stamps using her Gelli plate which inspired me to think that it may work to do a reverse image.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!