Friday 16 September 2016

Tag # 9-14 "Puppy Love" #onelittletag


Hello my friends!  I am back to making a few tags, lately.  The prompt at The One Little Tag Craft Challenge has actually changed, but it was song lyrics.  So my tag is based on a song lyric.

I recently got a new Tim Holtz stamp set, "Crazy Dogs"  and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use it.



I stamped the images onto some card stock.  I roughly sponged some distress ink over the images and went in and added a bit of detail with my distress markers and a white gel pen.  I had sponged over the eyes.  My intention was to add some "googly eyes", but do you tjink I could find them???  S,o, I coloured in the eyes with my white gel pen and added the pupils.  this actually worked out well because it allowed me to direct the dogs gazes.  
I used a background from my stash that I had created earlier.  I had used distress ink, a Tim Holtz stencil, some distress paints applied with bottle cars and some splatters (which I love, as you may know!)



I  cut out the pups (I don't have the dies, yet)  which is kinda tough when you can't see, so they definately are not perfect!  I also stamped the images on my background.  This helps to add detail back in that may get cut off, whiskers for example.  It's a good little trick if it's not something you do already.  I punched out my hearts and printed out the lyrics from Donny Osmond's "Puppy Love".    Am I dating myself, lol?

I inked the edges and mounted to black cards, as usual.
Thank you for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed my "Puppy Love" tag.
Have an awesome and artful day!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! Loving those cute stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aren't those Tim Holtz stamps adorable? I am waiting for the matching die, I am not very good at fussy cutting!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!