Sunday 13 March 2016

Tag 3-12 "Gold on Black"


Tag 3-12  "Gold on Black"
Welcome to my blog!  If you are new hre, I am doing a tag challenge on Facebook (One Little Tag Craft Challenge) Hosted by Jenny Barnett Rohrs of Craft Test Dummies.  The challenge is to make a tag a day (or  every few days, or a week, or whatever works for the individual), and the idea behind the challenge is to do something creative every day and keep that creative mojo charged!  I have been doing pretty well, I have a tag for every day (actually more than that), although I haven't done a tag every day.  If I fall behind a day or two, I do catch up.  This challenge, the first I've ever participated in, actually worked very well with my own personal challenge this year.  I had decided that I wanted to complete seven tags and or cards a week.  Not necessarily one a day, and not even necessarily different, just seven, even if they were all the same done on the same day.  Frankly, I didn't think I would do something every day.  Well, I have surprised myself.  For some reason, this tag challenge has been so motivating!  On the days that I don't do a tag, I may get one started, and on the days I don't physically do anything, I am thinking about what I will do.  So, for me, the goal of being creative every day is working out well, so far.  So, I usually post every day or two.  If I am behind, I may do a couple of posts in one day, but I am sharing all my tags.  It is so inspiring to see that people from all over the world are having a look.  This is my first time blogging, as well.  So there may not be hundreds or thousands of views every day, but every one is exciting for me.  So hopefully, you will have a look and if you like what I've been doing, share my artistic journey .

This is one of those tags that I just didn't want to add anything else to. I may at some point down the road, but for now I am going to enjoy it as it is. It is not perfect, it has a few little blemishes, but I am absolutely fine with that. I used gold embossing paste on black card stock using a
Recollections (I think) stencil. My intention was to use it as a background, but I didn't want to cover it up, so I changed my mind and mounted it as it was to another black card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!