Sunday 17 January 2016

A Little Birdhouse #onelittletag


Hi there, thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to keep it pretty short and sweet today. I ran across this quote, or something like a while back and it resonated with me somehow.  I don't remember where I saw it, and I may not even have gotten it quite right, but that's okay. This is how I remember it, and that was my inspiration for this tag.
I used a sheet from my Moenta textured cardstock pad.  I love this card.  I got it at Walmart ages ago and I'm thinking I may have to see if they still have it.  It will be a sad day when my favuurite colours are all gone. I did some stamping and used my gel pen and ran around the edges with a WRMK stitch roller stamp (I don't know what it's actually called) and sponged some distress ink around the edges to give the background some more interest



I die cut my heart and stamped and die cut the birdhouse on card from the same pad.  I did a little colouring on the birdhouse with my Prima watercolour pencils.  I printed out my quote on some white card, trimmed it out with scissors, edged the words with distress ink  and assembled the tag. I added some spatter with some Picket Fence distress stain.  The flourish was from my stash.  I used a piece of thread to tie the birdhouse to the flourish.
So keep a little birdhouse in your heart and perhaps a little bird will stop by and sing you a song






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!