Thursday 8 September 2016

Annual Fall Art Festival with Oshawa Art Association


Hello my friends!  The summer has flown by so quickly!  Although, it was soooo hot and humid today, you wouldn't think it was nearing the end.  Today, myself and about 70 other artists hung our artwork for the annual Fall Art Festival with OAA at the beautiful and rustic Camp Samac.
I managed to get a few new paintings completed that are hanging  alongside some familiar ones.  I  also got another completed and am working on some more.  There are a few different venues and shows coming up before the end of the year.  Or, if I am lucky and space becomes available in my booth, you may also see them at this show/  I got a sneak peak as everyone was hanging, and it's going to be a great show!
Some of you may be familiar with my tags, some of which are also on display.  I also have some Monprints made with my Gelli Plate, and some alcohol inks on display, matted but unframed.






I thought I would share some of the rustic charm of our venue.  Many of the friends I grew up with camp to summer camp here.

Well, I am looking forward to a good, art-filled weekend.  I hope you all have a great weekend, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.  I will keep you posted if there are any interesting updates and will hopefully have some more photos.  I just want to check with the other artists before I take any photos of their work.  There is a lot of beautiful work on display and i would love to share.


2 comments:

  1. This looks a beautiful venue outside as well as in - lovely to see the totality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes it is a lovely location. Camp Samac is actually a Scouts Canada camp, donated by Robert Samuel McLaughlin (founder of General Motors Canada). who lied in Oshawa. There is also a McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa. Looking at these photos, you might think it was in a very rural location, but it's really a little jewel in a fairly large city just east of Toronto.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!